Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ZEF.

Meet Ninja and Yo-Landi. They have Serious Gangsta Skills coming straight from South Africa. Even if you're not down with their "next level beats," you have to admit they're pretty interesting. My favorite excerpts from their interview with W mag January 2011.

Yo-Landi, who does your hair?
Y: Ninja cuts it.
How did the look come about?
Y: People on the streets where we live used to call me Blondie and Britney, and it used to irritate me. I told Ninja I wanted something more poisonous.
-----------------------------------------------------
People have questioned if you're for real. They wonder if you're a conceptual art project.
N: I don't even know what that means.
...So you guys actually are like a conceptual art project.
N: We're more like Olympic athletes